How to integrate your Google Analytics account in MyOnlineStoreUpdated on: 07 November 2019
Google Analytics is the ultimate tool to monitor your site visits and e-commerce statistics. There is no need for complex codes to use Google Analytics in combination with your online store. Follow the instructions below to configure Google Analytics in just a few easy clicks.
1. Create an account
First things first, all you need to log in to Google Analytics with your Google account. If you don’t have one yet, click on ‘Create an account’. Once logged in, you will need to once again click on the ‘Sign up’ button.
2. Set up a property
After you’ve logged in for the first time, you will be asked to configure your account and set up a ‘property’, i.e. the site you would like to monitor statistics for. Enter the following details:
- As an ‘Account name’ you can enter your own name.
- Under ‘Website name’ enter the name of your online store. This is also referred to as your ‘property’.
- Enter your ‘Website URL’.
- Select an ‘Industry category’.
- Select the ‘Reporting Time Zone’.
Enter all the necessary details
3. Get your Tracking ID
You’ll see that by default, several settings for sharing have been ticked. No need to change anything here. At the bottom of the page click ‘Get Tracking ID’.
4. Terms and conditions
In order to use Google Analytics, you need to accept the terms of service agreement. Simply click to agree and you’re all set!
5. Admin panel
Your Google Analytics account is now ready for use in your online store. All you need to do is connect the account to your store. To do so, go to the admin panel and click on ‘Statistics’.
- Then click ‘Connect to Google’ and log in with your Google account.
- Choose the right profile in the list and click ‘Save’.
- When choosing a profile, you can also indicate whether your account is a Universal Analytics account. Tick this option if your account was created after April 2014.
Your online store is now connected to Google Analytics, which will, from now on, keep track of the number of visits to your site.
The "Connect with Google" button
Bear in mind that the first time you use this feature it might take a while for Google Analytics to display the statistics.