5 reasons why a FAQ page is a must for your online store
An FAQ page, or a Frequently Asked Questions page, is a valuable addition to your online store. Many online stores already have one. Don't you have a FAQ page yet? This blog will explain you why you should have a FAQ page.
A FAQ page?
As the owner of your online store, you will undoubtedly receive questions about your products or services. You can answer these questions by email or phone, but it can be of great benefit to answer the most frequently asked questions on your FAQ page.
The FAQ page is a collection point for frequently asked questions and corresponding answers.
A FAQ page can be a valuable addition to your online store, because:
1. It builds trust
A FAQ page with transparant and useful answers builds trust for your customers. New customers looking for a solution are convinced by the fact that their questions are answered extensively. Visitors also appreciate this piece of service.
2. It's good for SEO and visibility!
It's good for your SEO and visibility! Your FAQ page ensures that Google (and other search engines) sees your online store as valuable, because Google appreciates clear answers. Please check regularly if your FAQ page is still up to date.
3. It shows expertise
A FAQ section on your website is a simple way to present yourself as an expert and to distinguish yourself from competitors. It shows your know-how of your products.
4. It is efficient
It is efficient because you avoid answering the same questions over and over again. It's also an efficient way for your store visitors to get questions answered quickly. They don't have to wait for their answer and it reduces the chance that they will drop out.
5. It will save you time
Your customer will find an answer to his or her question faster, so you will spend less time delivering customer support. This gives you more time to do what you like doing best. After all, referring to your FAQ page takes a lot less time than answering similar questions over and over again.
What can you find on an FAQ page?
The first step in setting up your FAQ page is to map out the most frequently asked questions. What questions do you regularly receive from your customers? Usually the frequently asked questions concern payment, shipping and delivery time. Also take a look at FAQ pages from your competitors for inspiration.
Then you work out your answers in the style of your target group. Don't make your answers too long, but make subcategories. This way, you ensure that your customers can easily search for the answers to their questions.
- Include the USP's and benefits of your products in the answers
- Link to an instruction video if there are many questions about a particular product
- Eliminate purchase objections by refuting them in your answers, thereby you can persuade visitors who are still doubting
- Put the category about which you receive the most questions at the top of your page
- Offer an easy way to get in contact with you when visitors can't find their answer on the FAQ page
- Technical jargon is often difficult to understand for an outsider. To make your questions understandable to everyone, you should avoid jargon
- Don't come up with commercial FAQs and questions such as ''Why is 'store name' better than other online stores?''
- Don't make categories overlap, define the topics well. This makes clear to the customer where he/she can find which answer
Where do you place the FAQ page?
It is best to place your FAQ page in the footer. You need to make a link for this (as you may have already done with your contact page or terms and conditions). Make sure that there is also a link from your contact page to the FAQ page.
Good luck creating an FAQ page! Do you have a (frequently asked) questions? ;-) Take a look at our FAQ page.