How can I adjust the serial number of my orders?Updated on: 13 February 2019
By default, your orders will start at serial number 1. Starting with a different serial number could prove useful. It could make your financial administration more manageable, for example. Below you will find a detailed explanation about how you can easily change the order serial number.
1. Changing the order serial number
Many serial numbers start with the year, followed by the actual serial number. For example: 20160001
- You can change this number by clicking on Orders in the admin panel.
- At the top of the screen, you will find the serial number button; click on it.
3. On the following screen, you can change the order serial number.
4. Click on the Save button once you’re satisfied with the changes to your order number.
The order serial number has been changed successfully. Using this method you can change the order serial number every year so that it always starts with the year in which you receive the order. This will make your financial administration a lot easier!
If an order was accidentally assigned the wrong serial number (at the start of a new year, for example), you can change this specific order manually.