How do I link my receipt printer (+ cash drawer) to the POS App?Updated on: 22 July 2021
Available in Myonlinestore POS App with PRO and PREMIUM.
Do you have a PRO or PREMIUM subscription and do you use the POS App to sell your products? Then you have probably also seen the option to print receipts. In this support article we explain step-by-step how to connect the Star TSP654II BTi to the POS App. You can also link a cash drawer to the receipt printer.
Star Micronics TSP654II BTi - front
Connect receipt printer
Pairing the receipt printer via Bluetooth is sufficient to use it.
- Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on on the device you want to connect the receipt printer to
- Connect the printer with the supplied power cable and turn it on via the on / off switch on the side
- On the back of the receipt printer, press and hold the “PAIR” button for 5 seconds
- Open the POS App and go to Settings / Receipt printer
- Tap Connect receipt printer and select Star Micronics from the device list
- Enter the pin code 1234 if necessary
Did everything go well? Then the printer is now linked to your device. If it is not possible to pair the receipt printer, open the Bluetooth settings of the device, press the i-icon behind the receipt printer and forget the device. Then restart from the third step.
Star Micronics TSP654II BTi - back
Connect cash drawer
The cash drawer can only be used if you are using a receipt printer. It is not possible to use a cash drawer alone without a receipt printer.
The cash drawer can be opened after payment or manually from the “Reporting” function in the POS App.
- Connect the wide socket (RJ45) under the cash drawer
- Connect the narrower / small connector (RJ12) at the back of the receipt printer
Are you still not quite sure? Then enlist the help of the community.