How to enable conversion trackingUpdated on: 24 September 2019
AdWords has a ‘Conversion Tracking’ tool that allows you to keep track of your conversion rate, thus determining how effective your AdWords campaigns and keywords are.
To use this tool, you need to create an AdWords account. Not sure how to do this? Head to the Google AdWords support page for detailed instructions.
If you’re keen to keep track of AdWords conversion rates for your online store, you need to enter two values in the admin panel under ‘Google AdWords conversion_id’ and ‘conversion_label’.
Read on to find out how to obtain these codes and how to keep track of your conversion rates:
- Go to: https://ads.google.com/aw/conversions.
- (You can also open this page by clicking on the ‘Tools and Settings’ menu at the top right of your Google Ads account. Next you click on 'Conversions' under the header Measurement.
- At the top left of the ‘Conversion actions’ tab click on blue ‘+’.
- Choose 'Website'.
- Select the category you’d like to add it to and enter a new name for this conversion.
- Tick ‘Use different values for each conversion’.
- Enter a default value (e.g. the average ordervalue).
- Leave 'Every' selected in the 'Count' box.
- Klik on 'Create and Continue'.
- On the next page select 'Use Google Tag Manager'. Write down or copy the ‘Conversion_ID’ and ‘Conversion label’.
- Return to Google Ads in the MyOnlineStore admin panel and enter these two codes.
MyOnlineStore has done most of the work for you, so there is no need to follow all the instructions on the Google Ads page. The steps above are all you need to start tracking your conversions.