How to submit your sitemap to GoogleUpdated on: 11 September 2019
A sitemap is a list of all the pages in your online store. It shows Google which pages your online store is made up of, including the pages that would not be found during Google’s normal ‘crawl’ procedure (i.e. scouring of your website by the search engine).
How to submit your sitemap
- Go to http://www.google.com/webmasters/
- Log in with your Google account email and password.
- Click on the URL of your domain name.
- On the right-hand side, click on ‘Sitemaps’ or navigate to ‘Optimization – Sitemaps’ via the navigation menu on the left.
- In the right top-hand corner click on the button ‘Add/test sitemap’.
- In the field enter ‘rss’
- Then click on ‘Submit sitemap’.
- Under ‘Sent’ you can view the number of pages that have been submitted to Google.