Can customers pay with iDEAL and collect their order?
updated: 4 May 2022
By default, customers who want to collect their order cannot pay with iDEAL, because ‘payment upon collection’ is a separate payment method, just like iDEAL. However, the settings below give customers the possibility to choose between shipping and collecting.
- You can disable the payment method ‘Payment upon collection’ in the list of payment methods.
- In the ‘Shipping options’ enable the option ‘Calculate shipping costs per country based on the rates table below’.
- Create two countries. Label one ‘Collect’ and the other ‘Ship’.
- You can enter shipping costs for the country ‘Ship’ and delete any shipping costs that may have been entered for ‘Collect’.
- Replace the text ‘Send in’ with ‘Collect or ship?’ under ‘Settings/Tekxt & Languages/Default texts/Order process: Shopping cart’.