How come 'free shipping' is in the shopping cart?
Your customer will see the cheapest shipping option in the shopping cart. On the next page (the checkout) you can choose from all available shipping options. It may be that your shopping cart says 'FREE shipping' because there is an option in your country management that does not have a rate linked. For example 'free collection', or 'collection during the fair'. Because 'take-away' was not a separate option until recently, you could still offer it this way.
You can prevent the shopping cart from incorrectly showing 'FREE shipping' by using the new 'pick-up' option (instead of a free pick-up option in country management). To do this follow the next steps:
Step 1: Under Shipping options / Countries, remove the shipping option with the display name for (all) your pick-up option (s)
- Step 2: Enable the option 'Pay on pickup' under Payment method (at the very bottom)
- Step 3: Enable the 'Offer pick-up' button at Shipping options
- Step 4: If desired, turn off the option 'Pay on pick-up' again under Payment method
- Step 5: At Shipping options, check 'Calculate shipping costs per country according to the' Rate table '
- Step 6: Delete your cache via https://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/
It should be resolved with that!
In this Question and Answer item you can read more about it: Can customers pay with iDEAL and collect their order?